Corridor Nine BFF Luncheon w/ Jodi L. Coochise, Ph.D.
The Corridor Nine Chamber of Commerce welcomed Jodi L. Coochise, Ph.D., (Licesnsed Clinical Psychologist, Life Changes Group) to their November Business Forward Females luncheon on October 9, 2018.
Topic: “He Said What?!?! What’s Your EQ?”
Emotional intelligence, often referred to as EQ, or Emotional Quotient, is rapidly becoming one of the most important attributes in the workplace. A highly desirable soft skill, EQ embodies the way we communicate, listen and resolve conflict.
Face with many countless decisions and interactions every day, out emotions shape our responses in ways we may not appreciate, and it’s easy to underestimate the power our emotions can have. What role do our emotions play in our decision making? Our EQ is not fixed at birth, and we have the power to understand it and increase it for improved decision making and interactions in the workplace and in other aspects of our lives. By understanding the components of EQ, we can learn to become more grounded, how to read out own emotions and how to respond to those around us. In this session you will:
- Learn the components of Emotional Intelligence
- Learn how different emotions shape our understanding of the world
- gain a better understanding of what fuels our decision making
- Avoid the pitfall that can keep us from making sound decisions
- Learn how grounding ourselves is a technique that can lead to better choices
Watch the presentation here.