- Art / Music
The house at 7 Parkman St., considered a “significant building” in town, was a gift to the town in 1933. This town-owned building has been vacant since fall when the American Legion’s Stowell-Parker Post 163 moved out because of decreasing membership and the need for repairs.
The Spurr House was the subject of the only citizen petition taken up by Town Meeting voters on March 14. The article, which passed on a vote of 64 to 42, called for funds to be set aside to heat the house through the spring and for creation of the committee to study reuse of the property. Possibilities include reusing it for town offices, or declaring it as surplus property eligible for sale to an outside group.